[Eccles_parents] Student Test Reports Grades 3-8

Andy McKean mckeana at canby.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 9 12:54:04 PST 2015

Dear Eccles Community,

Students who participated in the Smarter Balanced Assessment last spring should have received their individual student reports in the mail last week.  The report is attached with a letter from Superintendent Goodall regarding the assessment, but I also wanted to send out some additional information.

-  While a score of a 3 or 4 does means your child is on track to graduate, a score of a 1 or 2 does not mean a child is not going to graduate from high school.  It also does not mean they are failing their current grade level.  It does mean that they were unable to show grade proficiency on the SBAC assessment.  Please keep in mind that this is the first time our students and teachers participated in the test.

- As parents, you have just recently participated in parent/teacher conferences where you received the most current information on your child’s progress.

Student learning is at the heart of every decision we make and we are committed to ensuring all of our students are successful.  We will continue to look for ways to support our students on state assessments, however, we feel our most valuable work is the work we do in the classroom everyday.

As always, please feel to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Regards,
Andy

Andy McKean
Eccles Principal