[Eccles_parents] Lock-Down Drill

Andy McKean mckeana at canby.k12.or.us
Thu Nov 5 14:33:48 PST 2015

Greetings Parents,
I am writing to let you know that we practiced a lock-down drill today.  A lock-down is a drill that we practice in the event that a threat were inside our school.
It is unfortunate that we must consider these things but it is something that we believe we must practice in order to be as prepared as possible.

The main goal of the lock-down is for our students to practice how to be out of sight in our school.  Our procedures are for the classroom teachers to lock the doors, turn off the lights and get their class out of sight.

Today our staff responded extremely well and upon the signal, had our school locked down in a matter of seconds.

Again, it is not our intent to have our students feel afraid at school.  Instead, we want them to know how to respond in a crisis situation.
Please discuss today's drill with your child as you see fit and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Andy

Andy McKean